Speak, O Lord

One of my most favourite worship songs is the song Speak, O Lord by Keith & Kristyn Getty.  I enjoy playing the song, and as I do I reflect on the words.  The song offers a gentle reminder to me of the plans that God has for me and how He is molding me into his likeness.  But it also reminds me how as a child of God I need to reflect His light and His love.  I love reading through the words over and over - they are so powerful!

The line in the last verse - "Speak, O Lord, and renew our minds; Help us grasp the heights of Your plans for us" is very meaningful to me.  Looking back over the last 6 some odd years of where I've come from to where I am now - I know that God has brought me this far and He will continue to prepare us for the many plans He has for us!  The lyrics are beautiful but I find the music of the song matches it so beautifully!  I love when its played very slowly; it gives me time to really think about what I'm singing.

Speak, O Lord, as we come to You,
To receive the food of Your holy word.
Take Your truth, plant it deep in us;
Shape and fashion us in Your likeness,
That the light of Christ might be seen today,
In our acts of love and our deeds of faith.
Speak, O Lord, and fulfill in us all your purposes,
For Your glory.

Teach us Lord full obedience,
Holy reverence, true humility.
Test our thoughts and our attitudes,
In the radiance of Your purity.
Cause our faith to rise,
Cause our eyes to see,
Your majestic love and authority.
Words of power that can never fail;
Let their truth prevail over unbelief.

Speak, O Lord, and renew our minds;
Help us grasp the heights of Your plans for us.
Truths unchanged from the dawn of time,
That will echo down through eternity.
And by grace we’ll stand on Your promises;
And by faith we’ll walk as You walk with us.
Speak, O Lord, till Your church is built,
And the earth is filled with Your glory.


Check out the song here - Speak, O Lord

Comments

Popular Posts