Things I miss....

I grew up in the country and will always be a country girl at heart.  There are many things I miss about the country - especially during the summer months.  I love the smell of fresh cut hay.  I love the smell of the trees, flowers and the summer rain that falls.  I miss the open skies and the endless seas of green fields.  I miss being able to step outside my door onto a grassy carpet.  I miss having windows on all four sides of my house and the warm breeze drifting in.  I miss being able to hang my laundry out and having it smell like country air.  I miss being able to have a campfire whenever we want.  I miss being able to eat fresh veggies from a home grown garden.

One day I hope to again be back in the country but until then I will continue to be thankful for the blessings I do have!

Comments

Popular Posts