My poor neglected blog...

Things have been a bit crazy here since my last post which was early August.  Since then a lot of things have happened.  Mid August we headed up to Kearney, Ontario, where we rented a cottage from a dear friend of ours.  We had a great time.  The area was so beautiful and so relaxing.  We were also able to catch up with a lot of our family while there which is always nice to do. 

From there we headed down to our home town where we spent some more time with our family.  Roelof also had the opportunity to preach at our home town church.  I had a couple of my former co-workers come out to hear him preach and it was so great to catch up with them.  I loved my time at my former workplace and I especially miss all those relationships that were built. 

We also found in August that we are expecting Baby Peereboom #2.  The baby is due mid-April.  We are so excited and feel so blessed that God has entrusted another one of his children to us.  The first few weeks of pregnancy have been pretty lousy for me though.  I had about 4 weeks of intense morning sickness - really all day sickness.  It really sucked but I'm glad I'm pretty much through the worst now.  Roelof had a couple weeks off and was able to do so much around the house and I'm so thankful that he is such a hardworking and caring daddy.  He always goes above and beyond the call of being a husband/daddy and I am so grateful to have such a helping and caring spouse.

School has started up again for Roelof.  Hopefully, this will be our last year at Seminary!  Yay!! (Insert huge happy dance here!!!)  It's hard to believe that this is the last of seven years for us!  Time has gone quickly looking back, although at times its been slow!  He has a pretty intense semester as he has to overload to finish on time.  I'm confident he will do well though - he always seems to do better under pressure!

I'm exited too for the things that are going to be starting up again and I'm looking forward to everything that fall brings.  I've decided now that Fall is my favourite season - I love the smells, the crisp air, the fall harvest and the warm days!  We are excited to go apple picking again this year - mmmm applesauce!   

 

Comments

Popular Posts