36 weeks and counting....

Last Friday I hit the 36 week mark.  While I feel that I am looking good, I'm feeling run down and the pressure of this little one.  Every day movements are harder for me to do and I constantly feel like there is a cantaloupe pressing on my bladder!

On top of the regular aches and pains this little one is incredibly active.  I can't remember back to my first pregnancy but if Leah was as busy as this one I think I would have remembered it.  He is constantly moving and not just small little moves, its the large huge movements that shake my entire belly and sometimes make me gasp for a breath!

We are going for another ultrasound tomorrow to check his growth.  This is because of the gestational diabetes.  The doctor wants to make sure he's not growing to big.  And as far as the GD goes, its going fairly well.  I have been able to manage everything strictly by diet which I am very thankful for.  In the last 7 weeks I have not gained a pound in fact I've lost about 5 pounds!  I guess this diet is really working.

I am excited to meet this little one and its hard to believe that there are only a couple of weeks left.  A C-Section has been schedule for April 8 at 3:30 p.m.  I wonder what he will look like - will he look like his sister or will he look completely different.  Will he look like one of us?  I wonder what kind of personality he will have - will he be as rambunctious and adventurous as his sister or will he be calm and collected?  If the movement in my belly is any indication we are going to have another active little one on our hands and I wouldn't want it any other way!  We know for sure that he is loved.  Even in my belly he is instantly loved and so wonderfully created.

I'm hoping these next couple of weeks don't go by too fast its hard to think that we will be a family of 3 for only a couple more weeks.  Leah will be an only child for 2 more weeks and then she will be welcomed into the world of what it means to be a sibling.  I'm cherishing every day alone with her and I know that soon it will be a whole new experience for her.  I'm hoping and praying her transition goes well - that she will adjust to this new addition without too much protest.  We'll see how it all goes.
Here's to the next couple of weeks - I'm excited and nervous all in the same!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts