In His Time

The time has come in our lives once again where the future is unknown and a wee bit scary.  Having started seminary about two and half years ago, there was a bit of comfort knowing that we'd be in stable place for almost three years and we wouldn't have to worry too much about where we would be.  Now that time is fast fading away.  Over the next month or two our family will be once again plunged into the world of the unknown.  This is very hard for me.  I am a person who loves having things organized and well planned out.  I don't like surprises or not knowing something.

Roelof will have completed his third year at seminary in about two months time.  We made the decision as a family to slow his pace down a bit and he now has three courses to complete over next year along with all the requirements that need to be done in order to become a candidate in the CRC church.  We crunched our numbers and realized it is not financially possible for us to stay in the United States without an income.  Roelof is now searching for a year internship at a church in order to fulfill his requirements but also to gain some valuable experience before heading into ministry full-time.  Our first preference would be to find something locally and then Roelof can complete his classes.  You would think there would be ample opportunities to find an internship locally but the reality is that there are not many.  Our second option would be heading back to Canada and finding something and Roelof would have to complete his studies online. 

The problem for me right now is learning to leave it God's hands.  Not knowing where we will be past June scares me.  Do I need to start packing?  Do I need to prepare myself for living in this tiny apartment with two kids for another year?  So many questions and not many answers.  I tend to worry too much almost to the point obsession says my husband.  I'm still learning to trust and obey.  Trusting that God already has the plans laid out for us.  Trusting he holds us in His hands.  I think our verse for the next few months will be this,

       For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.- Jeremiah 29:11

I will rest on this passage and know that God already knows the wonderful things he has planned for us.  Continue to pray with us and for us that those plans will be made clear and that all the planning and preparations in the next few months will go smoothly.

- The Peereboom Family-

Comments

Popular Posts