Birth Story

On Friday, April 8, 2011, at 4:05 p.m. our son Asher Ezekiel Peereboom was welcomed into this world.  He was instantly heard, wonderfully created and immediately loved. After meeting him for the first time, the challenges of the last nine months were forgotten.
We arrived at the hospital two hours before the surgery was scheduled to be prepped.  I think this was the hardest time because I was so anxious and ready to get it all done with.  This time around was so different because I was aware with what was going on.  When it was time I was prepped by the anesthesiologist (I didn't enjoy the pokes) and readied for the procedure.  Once I was ready to go Roelof was called into the room and the surgery began.  They gave me the option to watch via a mirror but I decided against it.  Roelof was able to watch a part of it.  Within 5 minutes our baby boy was born and about a half hour later I was being sewed up and on my way to the recovery room.  All in all it was a great experience and I am so surprised at how well I am doing.  Such a difference this time around.  At 10:30 p.m. the night after the surgery they had me up and walking.  Now at just over 48 hours I have been off all my tubes and IV's for almost a day.  I am up and walking and have gotten some great sleep.  The nurses and doctors here are top notch.  They are so helpful and so willing to spend time with me to actually see how I am doing.  My room is great - every room is a private room here.  Roelof is also able to stay with me at night because they have pull out couches.  It's only the end of day two so I know I have a ways to go but I have such a good start an so I'm confident that it will only get better for recovery.
As for Asher - he is so amazing.  He is so perfect and so handsome.  He is his own person and such a good baby.  I think he looks a lot like Roelof - he definitely does not look like his sister, although he does share the same birth marks as her.  He has fine blond hair and not much of it.  He is so soft and smells like a baby.  He is strong and he is loud.  He for the most part is easy going but he's only 48 hours old.  He eats well and poops well too.  He is handsome and so very cute.  I am so in love with him and can't wait to continue to learn and love him.  Here are some photos of the last 48 hours.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am glad that things went so smoothly for you. I agree, I think that Asher does look like Roelof. What a joyous occasion! I told Daniel and Monica that Leah had a new baby brother and they were both very excited. They wanted to know his name and when he was born, and how old he was. It was cute having them ask all kinds of questions about him. I pray your recovery continues to go well, and you guys has a smooth transition home.
    -Marci

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts