No More Naps

After three and a half great years we said goodbye to afternoon naps last week.  Leah has always been one that needs her sleep.  She is so busy and active during the day I needed to give her downtime in the form of naps.  As of late though the consequences of Leah taking a nap far outweighed the benefits of having one (mainly me having quiet time).  If she would take a nap in the afternoon I could guarantee her being up until at least 9:30 p.m. which leaves us with not much of an evening.  But if I don't put her down for a nap she's in bed at 7:30p.m. I had enjoyed my afternoon quietness but I have decided that I prefer my evening quietness more especially since Asher is in bed consistently by 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.  We are about at a week and a half now without naps and I think I've adjusted!  So long quiet afternoons and hello long quiet evenings!!

Comments

  1. Hey Kristin! Love the new pictures of the kids! Just a quick tip about saying goodbye to nap time - it doesn't necessarily mean you have to say goodbye to some time to yourself in the middle of the day. As you may remember, Emily gave her nap up way too early (just after she turned two) but I continued to put her in her crib, then bed, now just room for an hour each day. The time to herself (to color, read books, play dollhouse) does her well AND I still can catch a quick break. Anyway, just some food for thought. Hope you're well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice that you and Roelof can spend the evenings alone together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts