January 24

The last couple of months I've tried something new.  This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time and I now wonder why I didn't start it sooner.  It's meal planning.  When I go grocery shopping I usually shop for about two weeks.  I start first by looking at sales in the flyers and knowing what I have on hand in my pantry and in my freezer.  I then think of meals (thank you Pinterest!) and then plan those meals out for about two weeks.  I go to the store and shop based on those meals.  There are many added benefits from doing this 1) I don't buy any unnecessary items - especially produce and we have a lot less waste, 2) I know exactly what we are having every night no more trying to think of a quick meal because its 5:30 p.m. and its getting late 3) I save money at the grocery store by purchasing what's on sale 4) I just love it!!  I would encourage anyone to try it out at least for a few weeks it's definitely worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts