Love is the Best

I was reading Leah's Bible to her at bedtime today and we were reading the chapter titled Love is the Best.  I really like how this is written.  Its a re-work of 1 Corinthians 13.  Most people think of love as this mushy gooey and fairytale thing but the love that is spoken of here is so much more!  Its such a good reminder to me as a person but is a great model for the church as well.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others.
Doesn't celebrate when others are down.
Takes pleasure in the revelation of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Wow!!  My personal favourite line is Trust God always.  This is something I struggle with every day.  Trusting that God will guide the decisions I make and that God already knows the plans he has for me - this is something I keep checking myself in with.  What are your favourite parts?  I hope you enjoyed this translation as much as I have!

Comments

Popular Posts